Search blog

Saturday 14 February 2015

R.I.P - A Death Themed Poem - "The Wonderful Afterlife"

I know people die everyday; but several people I know have lost loved ones lately. I hear of people losing friends and family, which is freaky enough as it is, but to hear of so many deaths in such a short amount time is quite unsettling and alarming.
Just this past week alone, many people I know at work have lost a parent(s). This is a poem I wrote sometime between late 2010 and early 2011. It feels like a fitting time to post and share it, and I hope it will find everyone dealing with the loss of a loved one some comfort in this difficult time.


The Wonderful Afterlife
By: Vickram Bachan

Death is but a friend
we have never met,
and when he finally comes knocking on our door,
we must depart this world
and follow him.
Although we are missed,
we are not really gone.
We have merely moved to another world
and left everything behind.
Though our bodies will decay
our spirits linger on
and our memories will forever be remembered,
because love is immortal.